Behind The Brief
Carlsberg Lite ‘Fitness Club’
This project for Saatchi and Saatchi SIMCO (Switzerland) was a great example of how we reacted effectively to a radical change in creative brief while maintaining high production values within tight deadlines.
- To create an authentic sounding ‘Frank Sinatra style’ big band composition
- Bring to life the visual story and tongue in cheek humour
- To use real musicians for an authentic sound (strings and brass sections)
- Lead and backing vocalists to be carefully cast for just the right tone
- Catch sync moments (pool splash, drink reveal, pack shot)
The agency loved ‘Brief A’ this but it was not favoured by the client who called for a version with less going on to allow the many visual shots to breath. So we were re briefed to create a new version with only 24 hours to go…
- Keep the tongue in cheek humour
- Less pace to allow shots to breathe
- Keep high production values (live string section)
- Retain the strong sense of melody
- Sync moments (doors open, track shot, pool splash, pool wide shot)
- 24 hour turn around
‘Brief B’ made it to broadcast across Europe and was a hit with audiences.